Another local brewery that I really love is Landwash Brewery! It is such a beautiful venue with delicious beer and an amazing food truck – Saucy Mouth. It isn’t perfectly wheelchair accessible but it has a lot of accessibility features and I believe they’re currently working on adding more.
For those of you who need to know about accessibility features before heading to Landwash, here’s what you can expect:
– The parking lot has multiple accessible parking spots and there’s a proper curb cut to get onto the curb that leads to the main entrance.
– There is an automatic door opener on the main entrance and it’s all on grade with the ground so it’s easy for a wheelchair to wheel in.
– Inside there is lots of room to maneuver around in a wheelchair throughout the entire building, which includes the store, the taproom, and the hallway leading to the washrooms and the food truck.
– There is a shorter counter and bar on the side of the bar area in the tap room which made it easy to order, but it would be difficult to sit at the bar area in a wheelchair because you would be slightly far away from the counter in your chair as you can’t wheel under.
– The counter in the store is at a good height for wheelchairs.
– There are washrooms that are sort of accessible on the inside. There is an accessible stall, but it was a tight squeeze inside the stall in my wheelchair so I’m unsure if a larger power wheelchair would fit. There was also a sink that you can wheel under for better access. But the doors to the washroom are pretty heavy to open yourself when using a mobility aid.
– The order window for the food truck is up high and not very accessible but whoever is taking your order can leave the truck to serve you.
– The tables in the taproom are all picnic tables so it’s a bit awkward to sit at in a wheelchair. One of the benches was moved aside for me so I could wheel up to the table but I had to sit on an angle. It was still manageable but it would be awesome if they had some accessible picnic tables.
– Everyone who works there is lovely and accommodating and would have no problem helping you out if you needed assistance.